Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Summer Isn't Over Yet by C.H. Admirand


As the days warm up toward the first day of school, it's our darling oldest grandson who will be starting Pre-K next week! Where did the time go? Wasn't it yesterday that our oldest was born, no that's not right, he's been out of college for going on 11 years. LOL...don't stand still or life will pass you by.

I was fiddling around with my website yesterday and changed it up a bit, and then started playing with my blog today to see if I could come up with a new look. The problem is I have SOOOO many pics of our gardens, birds, butterflies, yummy baked goods, jams, grandbabies, puppies, etc. but not all of the pics are the right size for the header or background. Good Grief! BUT, I finally decided on a background after spending almost an hour on it. Whew. Might change my mind as the Autumnal Equinox gets closer, but until that first snap of cold, I'll keep our Black Swallowtail Butterfly in the Butterfly Bush.

The yummy dessert pic for the new blog header was a recipe I tried out of Tricia Yearwood's cookbook for shortbread, but instead of just strawberries, I had a bunch of berries and real...yes folks...real whipped cream. No extra sugar needed if it's the real deal. :) Teasing you with a pic of Butter Whiskey Cake with Jameson Sugar Glaze :)

As I'm working in the kitchen, I hear the sweet chirping of Goldfinches, we've had at least 5 to 6 at-a-time raiding our Thistles and Coneflowers...here are few pics I snapped yesterday am.






I'll miss the butterflies that have graced our gardens this summer...








And then there was the baby bunny who came to gorge himself on our fresh clover 





OH! And the Green Frog that scared the you-know-what out of me when I was adding water to our pond. I swear he laughed at me! 




And of course lots of pics of our darling grandbabies and puppies. Life has been wonderful, and even though at times a challenge to keep going when hard times hit, these images of Mother Nature at her best and reminder of the blessings of family and a place to gather to share a moment in the garden, or in the kitchen sample jams, pies, or cakes, all in all, I wouldn't trade my life for anything!  My family is and always will be my rock :)







Life is truly good, and I have been blessed.




Sláinte!
C.H.




No comments:

Post a Comment