Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I think I'm finished 21-Day-Fixing Myself For Now LOL by C.H. Admirand

For those of you who've read my earlier post about my 21DayFix journey, or have visited my FB page, you know that I've been following the 21DayFix religiously since February. Who knew it would take just a bit longer to "fix myself?" LOL!

This is a selfie from today...no laughing...well, then again I've already laughed at it, so go ahead, you can laugh too. :)

But the upside is I feel healthier, have more energy (except for low points during that day that I'm trying to balance out), feel better about myself, and am no longer embarrassed to go out in public--which is HUGE for me because I had gotten to the point where I just didn't want anyone to see me--except my family.

Autumn Calabrese said that it takes 21 days to break a bad habit. I had more than one. Oddly enough, over-eating has never been an issue for me. It was the balance of food groups that was off, and under-eating--less than 3 meals a day. Not anymore :) 

I haven't had any wine or whiskey since February. I exercise daily and still follow Autumn's exercise CDs, adding in heavier weights as I felt stronger. 

Irish Catholic Guilt, and the worry that I'd gain the weight back, help keep me on the straight and narrow, eating 5 or 6 small meals a day. And as I mentioned above, I'm working on balancing out my energy highs and lows. I've always had low blood pressure and blood sugar, so I do have to watch that.

BUT, the upside is that I've lost 37.6 pounds since February and 38 inches and I went from wearing a size 14 or 16 down to a size 6 to 8. :) 

With the return to a healthier lifestyle, my Muse is slowly coming back...so is the music in my head! I  am humbly grateful for the return of my gift and have never stopped praying...I never will. :)

Sláinte!
C.H.





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda...it's hard work, but worth it to be able to keep up with our darling grandbabies...they are really, really fast--and tricky! :)

      Delete