Monday, October 14, 2013

Please Welcome Guest Author Jocie McKade




Hi CH! Thank you for inviting me to your blog. 

Like CH, I LOVE westerns and I have a series of westerns set in the great state of Wyoming - The Three Baers - one of them will be just right! 
 
They are contemporary romantic comedies and follow the three Baer brothers as they find love with the most unlikely ladies. 

My newest series however, is a fun, humorous mystery series. I used to watch old black and white movies with my mom on the weekends and she loved Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn. 
 
If you haven't taken the time to watch these oldies - do! They are fun, the writing is awesome and the acting, well, what can I say about those two? If you love those movies, or Moonlighting, or Castle, then High Frequency is for you.



I have dubbed this new series my "humorous-romantic-mystery" (I don't think that's a genre, yet, but...). The story actually formed at a county fair of all places. I was waiting by the goat barn for my daughter and a young woman reporter was there from the local newspaper. She suddenly got into a very humorous verbal spat with a local television news journalist. He was a handsome guy with all kinds of camera charisma, and was working hard to charm this woman.


After their argument was over she looked at me and said: "Did you ever hate someone so much that you were madly in love with them?" What a profound statement. I found out later they were actually married. That is when High Frequency and the Read Between the Lines series began. 




My heroine Lauren Jacobs is an award winning reporter for the prestigious news journal, Edition One. My hero is Derek Rourke, a reporter for the sensationalist tabloid, The Lens. They met over a crop circle in England and well..........it's pretty much chaos from there.



But don't expect these two to fall in love each other easily, oh no, they've got some serious control issues and ugly backgrounds to work through. Of course, they are going to have to survive being chased by terrorists, mobsters, the CIA, Scotland Yard. 





This series allows me to let my inner geek run free! Nikola Tesla a real genius from the turn of the century and his inventions figure prominently. Combining science, mystery, humor and romance has been so much fun, I can't wait to see where Rourke and Jacobs end up next. At the end of the book readers will have a good idea, but with these two, you never know.
Thanks for hosting me CH - Cowboy Up!!Jocie McKade
For more information about Jocie and her books:
www.linda-mcmaken.com, or http://jociemckade.blogspot.com/.
I also have a really fun and amazing street team - McKade's Mavericks!! I'd love to have you as part of the 'gang'. Check it out: http://jociemckade.blogspot.com/p/mckades-mavericks.htmlFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/jocie.mckade.9Twitter: https://twitter.com/JocieMcKade



3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT set-up for a romance. Love it, especially since it came from real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia! It has been a really fun book to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book and I can't wait to see what happens next with Derek and Lauren!

    ReplyDelete