Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Special Thank You to the TOTALLY FAB...Kim Rocha!!!!


There are people you meet in life who touch your life and suddenly things aren't the same...and that's what happened last year when I received an email and friended Kim on facebook. I love hearing from readers, but for some reason...maybe the planets were aligned differently...maybe it was a full moon...I'm not sure...but we connected and started chatting back and forth.


During the RWA Book Fair last year in NYC, she came up to me with a Book Obsessed Chicks Book Club t-shirt and tote bag...for me! But that's not all, she had to wait in line...outside in the heat...for hours just to get into the book fair. Kim's a much stronger woman than me.

She's an amazing woman who not only holds down a job, but has 3 great kids, runs the Book Obsessed Chicks Book Club...and all that that entails: meetings, promo, events, etc. AND...and this is a BIG and...she's a FABULOUS photographer! I'm sure there are many other things she tackles on any given day, but that's all that I know of. LOL! I'm exhausted just thinking about all that she does. :)


 
This is a pic she took of us at Lora Leigh's RAW last year. I'm sooo glad I had the chance to go, it was a fabulous event and a great place to meet one-on-one with readers!









  

Here's my favorite pic from her Book Obsessed Chicks Annual BBQ at Lido Beach, Long Island. The weather cooperated and was only overcast with sprinkles...not the rain we were afraid would happen. :)

We had the BEST time!!!






Recently we were chatting about a street team and after choosing a name...Colleen's Celtic Mavens...she ran with the idea and is already hard at work getting things going while I'm writing, editing, and meeting deadlines. The woman is amazing and an unstoppable force of nature...and I'm blessed to count her as a friend.

Sooooo, Kim...you didn't know I was going to post this, but I just wanted to say a special thank you, to you, for all you do!


THANK YOU!!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so flattered! I love you Colleen and always will help you! You are so worth my time and any effort I can put in! You are an amazing person!!!!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are both wonderful awesome ladies...
    Love ya both...
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim has a wonderful, sweet heart :-) Glad I got the chance to know you, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "met" Kim not too long ago and every single thing you've said about her is true. She's a marvelous supporter when it comes to authors.

    ReplyDelete