Tuesday, June 5, 2012

CataRomance Summer Blog Hop UPDATE~ And the winner is...

THE WINNER IS ANNE ~ acmo5@juno.com...Congrats, Anne...I'll be posting to twitter and facebook and sending an email 'shout-out' to you!


Thanks for joining in the CataRomance Summer Blog Hop! I’m so excited to be a part of their Grand Re-opening! 

They are giving away a big box of books…one per site. Here are the links:



In case you’re wondering where you’ve landed in your blog hop…you’re in the wilds of North Jersey. While you’re here take a few minutes to relax and enjoy the peaceful gardens in our yard.



And enjoy one of my favorite summer refreshments…a Coffee Float! Before I got married it was my mom’s favorite way to chill out. I’ve always loved the way the ice cream melts and mixes with the coffee.

Here’s the recipe:
Fill a glass with ice cold coffee and 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream (slightly melted is better), then let it rest for a few minutes before you stir, sip, and dip your spoon!

For those that prefer a lighter version…fill the glass one-third of the way with ice cold coffee, milk, and then 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream.




Grab a chair and relax for a few moments. My favorite spot is on our bluestone patio…the wild life loves it here: ruby-throated hummingbirds, robins, cardinals, purple finches, gold finches, red-bellied woodpeckers, red-tailed hawks, foxes, coyotes, black bears…you name it we have it!


An Indigo Bunting by the Confederate Violets. He's a little blurry because I was inside taking the picture through the window, but isn't he pretty?

Here's a Cooper's Hawk who was a little tooooo close to our birdfeeder...




My FAB publisher, Sourcebooks, is giving away a copy of JESSE, Bk 3 in my series: The Secret Life of Cowboys to one winner in the US & Canada.  

Here’s the blurb:
Jesse Garahan no longer believes in love. Until he meets Danielle Brockway and her tiny daughter, Lacy, on their way to their new home in Pleasure, TX. Danielle’s worthless ex-husband left her high and dry, and now she’s looking for a simple small-town to start over in — and then she meets Jesse. She just can’t seem to help herself where long-limbed, swaggering Texas men are concerned. Suddenly, life is anything but simple.

And the link to an excerpt on my website: http://chadmirand.com/books/the-secret-life-of-cowboys/jesse
 
To enter: leave your name and email address so I can contact the winner! Sourcebooks will be mailing the copy of JESSE to you. Good luck! The winner will be chosen and posted on June 11th!!

30 comments:

  1. Danielle
    danni0113(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello neighbor! From the wilds of Upstate New York I send greetings! Thanks for participating in the Summer Kick-off Blog Hop. Everyone at CataNetwork appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy! Hmmm where in Upstate NY? I have friends in NYC who swear that Rockland County is Upstate! LOL. Are you near Hunter Mountain or further west?

      I'm having a blast and just updated my blog to include the names...Alice's email was in my spam and I just noticed it this am. Sorry about that. :)

      My pleasure to join in the fun!

      Delete
  3. Andie W.
    andieleah78@gmail.com
    Wow that hawk is awesome...they are a sign of good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andie...I had no idea hawks were a sign of good luck. It's cyclical here...we grow raspberries, currant berries, and strawberries...the chipmunks eat them and get nice and fat...and then the Cooper's Hawk and RedTail Hawk come to our yard for a snack!

      Not my intention, but Mother Nature is far more powerful than me:)

      Delete
  4. That looks like a great book!
    Leanna H.
    leanna.hiner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanna! Thanks :) I fell in love with each of the brothers as I wrote their stories, but there's just something special about a man who will fall in love with the child as well as the woman that just tugs at my heartstrings. :)

      Delete
  5. That coffee float sounds delicous, and so does "Jesse"!

    "...long-limbed, swaggering Texas men"--I'll drink to that ; )

    gcwhiskas at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Virginia...you can get creative with the coffee float...adding in chocolate, coffee-flavored liqueur...have fun with it as you put your feet up and relax!

      Those Garahan brothers are truly delicious...eye-candy...BUT not afraid to get down and dirty and work with their hands to keep their ranch alive!

      Delete
  6. Jesse sounds like a fantastic read!

    Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
    elizabeth @ bookattict . com
    GFC: BookAttict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth! Thanks. Jesse's book was so much fun to write...I loved watching him fall in love with little Lacy and her mom, Danielle:)

      CataNetwork had such a fabulous idea! I haven't done a blog hop in a year or so...it's been great!

      Delete
  7. You're a new author for me but not for long. I look forward in reading your works.

    The recipe sounds yummy; I'll need to try it.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey! Thanks for stopping by and for adding me to your TBP list! (to be purchased) Mine is HUGE right now since I'm on deadline...but once I'm off I can't wait to pick up those books and start reading!

      Trust me, if you love coffee, and vanilla ice cream...this is too-die-for!

      Delete
  8. Woohoo! Blog Hopping!
    What a great way to discover new blogs and visit with old friends. Everybody wins this way!
    You are a new author for me and I would love the chance to read your work.
    Thanks for being part of the hop and for the chance to win! <^_^>
    reneebennett35(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Renee - thanks for joining in the fun! It's been about a year since I've blog-hopped...it is fun and this way is a little different than last time.

      Thanks for adding me to your list of authors you read!

      Delete
  9. thank you so much for the giveaway! Gale pgan427@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gale - Sourcebooks is great about donating books for contests the first month the book is out.

      I'll be giving away more copies on my virtual blog tour, so check out those dates on my website, too.

      Delete
  10. Love the cover.

    acm05atjuno.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne - Sourcebooks has AMAZING covers...you should check them out at their website!

      Delete
  11. You had me at Cowboy! I love hops where I find more blogs and authors. I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel - I totally agree...there's just something about a cowboy.

      Delete
  12. You know I just saw your book on Facebook earlier today and was going to look into it later! I love cowboys and I have to say this book sounds yummy!

    Thanks,
    Dani
    ellepaulette@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you saw it and stopped by:) I loved writing about the Garahan brothers.:)

      Delete
  13. Who doesn't love a hot cowboy? Really? My friend has a four year old daughter and she told me last weekend even she likes cowboy butts! :) I just died laughing and her mom was shocked. I can't wait to hear what her dad thinks :) ha! I think we're raisin' her right! Thank you for this great chance, a romance and a cowboy sound pretty perfect this weekend!


    brunettelibrarian AT gmAil . c0m
    The Brunette Librarian Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it...and your nickname:)

      I would venture to say that your friend is in for quite a wild ride with her darling little girl...I just warned our daughter of the same thing. Our grandbaby is too adorable and was born to charm. She's in soooo much trouble when he gets older! LOL.

      Delete
  14. Hi! Your book sounds awesome! I love cowboys. There so mouth watering. lol Thanks for the fun hop and the great giveaway! You have a great night! :)
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shadow - I agree, there's just something about the loose-limbed way they walk that gets the blood pumping.

      Delete
  15. Like the cover. . did you have any input on it? Sounds like a great book. I hope that you had a great weekend.
    jessangil at gmail dot com
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica - I do have a little input in the early stages with character description and description of the town and the ranch, but that's about it. I'm lucky Sourcebooks has great covers!

      Delete