Friday, June 15, 2012

Book Obsessed Chicks BBQ


I was so excited to receive an invitation from Kim Rocha to attend her Book Obsessed Chicks 2nd Annual BBQ in Lido Beach, Long Island.






Here's Kim lighting the grill...don't mess with a woman who knows how to use fire! LOL.:)




What an amazing group of ladies...all of whom are devoted to reading romance--among other things. :) Here are sisters Penny & Denise...


Mom Terry...


Here's a pic of Denise and me...


One of my faves of Kim and me...

Mari and Jayne standing, Penny and Denise sitting...


Tara, Jayne & Mari...


The BBQ was the first time Katie used fondant...and it was perfect...but better than that, it tasted yummy! I've had fondant before, but it didn't taste as good as Katie's.


Here's a pic of the cake she created for the BOC BBQ...it's a stack of  books! 




It was an overcast day, but for those of us worried that it would be a scorcher down by the water, it was perfect! I'd never been to Lido Beach before, and therefore had no idea they had "mushrooms" there. LOL! Here's a pic of the mushrooms...what an interesting concept and great for creating shade.







Of course we had to wander up to the water and dip our toes in...but it was seriously chilly...you'd never know it watching the people swimming.

Standing: Denise, Cat, CH, Jayne, Bianca, Kim
Kneeling: Tara, Mari

Everyone brought something...food, books, baskets to raffle and goodies...and there were a number of authors who couldn't attend who mailed goodies to be put in the tote bags everyone received.



Katie's mom created this fabulous quilt with the names of our books on it! How amazing is that? Here are a few of mine...

 Cat Johnson's...

 And Tara's...



Cat, CH, Jayne, Mari, Tara...


The food was great, the company amazing, and I've already accepted the invitation to attend next year and put it on my 2013 calendar!


Sooooo a HUGE THANK YOU to Kim Rocha and all of her fabulous 'Chicks'!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you come to the next one... it will be my first and I had such a great time meeting you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!

    I just turned in my book last night and and catching up. It was great meeting you at the Christmas dinner :) The BBQ was a lot of fun, but I'm not sure where Kim gets the energy to do all that she does! I'm hoping to be there this summer too :)

    ReplyDelete