Thursday, June 23, 2011

From My Yard to Yours ;)

When I was young, I sipped the nectar from a honeysuckle vine, we were pretending we were little bees-boy did we end up with bellyaches-but that's a story for another time. I've always loved flowers, gardens and playing in the dirt-which actually started with the old dead tree at the edge of the woods in our back yard--it was my sailing ship, my house, my castle, my car. I had a vivid imagination, for as long as I can remember.

So I thought I'd share pictures from my garden as flowers are blooming for the first time this summer, or the last time as they die back. I had this idea in May, but haven't had the time to blog about it yet. It actually coincides with a great idea I have for a whole new book series...but that is a blog for another day. ;)

I love the way the sunlight peeks over our house as we sit and have our first cup of coffee or tea (I drink the tea first thing in the morning, and my hubby and our darling daughter drink the coffee) out on the patio. For some reason our boys don't enjoy hanging out with nature before getting ready for work...on the weekends...well that's another story.

We watch the birds, admire the flowers and trees, and any other wildlife that has decided to drop by for a visit. The chipmunks have been very vocal since the currants and raspberries have started to ripen. 

It's usually a battle, since the catbirds and robins like them, too....the downside is that the wildlife will eat the berries before they are ripe, and they just don't taste the same if we pick them too early. So far it's Lindy's Lake Wildlife 3: Admirand Family 1. 

But I may have an idea for evasive action...not sure...am working on it. LOL.




I love this shot from the other morning, the sunlight was illuminating the throat of the morning glories on our front steps...check it out...


I'll leave you with some pics of the rain just now...an amazing amount of water was rushing down the slope in our backyard toward our patio.



Here's a shot from our front steps looking at the water pouring out of the side yard and into the street.



And here's one looking across the street into our neighbor's yard...I'm always amazed at the power of Nature when she flexes her muscles!

 
OK...because it was cool...so much water in so little time that the gutter couldn't hold it!


As much as I love the rain, I'm going to leave you with an image of flowers, because I love them, too.

This is a close-up of one of the many privet bushes we have in our yard. With the help of our feathered friends, they've re-seeded themselves all over our yard, but I love the haunting scent this time of year. It will always remind me of our grandmother's house down at the shore--Spring Lake--there was a privet hedge separating their house from their neighbors.

And OK...seriously...just one more of the rose bush outside the kitchen window.


Slainte'
C.H. Admirand



No comments:

Post a Comment