Thursday, May 27, 2010

My ARCs arrived before RT


I cannot believe that May is nearly over...where did the time go? We got back from RT on May 2nd, and I have been nose to the grindstone working on a scene-by-scene list, and then subsequent revisions for my Spring 2011 book 24/7. I have a new title: The Secret Life of Cowboys: Tyler. No cover yet, but it's not coming out until March or April, so there's time.

The one thing about getting up at 4:30 am is that no one else interrupts, except my dog Ginger who tries to nudge me back upstairs so she can go back to sleep. The birds kept me company and added a nice background to write by. I worked until it was time to head to the day job, then started up again when I got home from work. Needless to say, the house looks like who did it and ran, but that's ok, because I do, too!

BUT, I turned in my revisions on time Sunday evening and am amazed that the men in my life haven't noticed that the bathroom and kitchen floors need a good scrubbing. My daughter will be driving back from Georgia on June 7th, so I'll have a fighting chance against all of the testosterone in our house.

I'm not complaining, I dearly love my men, and will never run out of interesting tidbits for my heroes. Getting back to my ARCs...they did arrive right before we left for RT, and the heroine in this story is named for my darling daughter, Jessi. She definitely has some of her character traits, too...but as my Irish characters would say..."that would be tellin."

Soooo, now both of my boys have had heroes named after them and my daughter, too. Hmmm...I guess I'll have to check out the family tree again and look for some new hero and heroine names.

Unfortunately, at the moment, Amazon has the wrong cover featured, so hopefully that will be taken care of soon. My fabulous editor is on it!

I have some wonderful pics from RT that I'll be posting later...I'm already behind schedule this am and have been up since 4am. The hardest part about getting up early for the month of May is that my body now thinks that's what it's supposed to do...ah well, maybe I'll catch up on my email, blogs and get back to the synopsis for book two.


Slainte'
C.H. Admirand




No comments:

Post a Comment