Saturday, October 17, 2009

Coronado, California!

One of my dear friends, Anne Elizabeth, asked me to be one of her bridesmaids...how could I refuse? Here's a shot of us...C.H., Anne and Tara....btw...Anne was a beautiful bride and her new DH...Carl...soooo handsome!!!


Here's a shot my DH took during the ceremony and one he took of us...C.H., Lori, and Tara after the ceremony...we just had to splash in the Pacific Ocean!!!




Here are a couple looking out from the beach at Coronado...lots of happy people playing in the surf that day. It was hoovering around 75 degrees, but the water was really cold!


Check out the distant horizon in the pic with the tiny sailboat...that's Mexico! I wish I could remember the name of the point of land in the other pic....ok...if you have a map, it's to the right of the beach at Coronado (if you're standing on the beach looking out at the water...yeah...I know...I really suck at reading maps, too. )



I know I'm showing my age, but, does anyone remember the Gatlin Brothers tune about all the gold in California? I looked down and their song just popped into my head, so I snapped a pic of the water because the way it was swirling over the sandy beach bottom and reflecting, it looked likes specks of gold or at least Pyrite (fool's gold) were just below the surface.




The next two pics are of the outside patio wall at McP's - a local SEAL hangout in Coronado. I'm not sure if the artist was a SEAL or not, but the drawings are really great! For those that do not know...Navy SEALs used to be referred to as frogmen.


Instead of a wedding cake...AE opted for a tower of cupcakes! The carrot cake cupcakes were too-die-for!!! Totally yummy!



I only had two shots by our hotel...these shots are of the walkway across from the harbor a short walk from our hotel. The neatest thing about the weather there...the days all started out the same foggy...but by ten o'clock or so, the sun would burn it all off. I did know the term for the particular weather condition, but of course that was in August, and it's October...so naturally I forgot. Brain fade should be my middle name!




Slainte'
C.H. Admirand


1 comment: